Brian Baker, former Senior Manager and Digital Product Owner for GAF for 9 years and an employee for 14 years, shares his behind the scenes experiences in helping GAF overcome a decade's worth of iterative digital transformation challenges while also looking ahead to the future of building materials digital marketing.
- 3:00 - Meet Brian Baker
- 7:08 - Primary Challenges to Help GAF Overcome During Digital Transformation
- The Internet Allowed GAF to Reach Consumers Directly, Rather than Through the Channel and Roofing Contractors Especially
- 11:43 - Challenge: Overcoming the Challenge of Organizing, Classifying, and Modeling Immense Amounts of Product Data Across Different Mediums
- 16:00 - Challenge: Business Intelligence Replacing Golf Conversations
- 18:07 - Challenge: How to Cope with Organizational & Channel Transformation Required During Digital Transformation Process
- 20:33 - Challenge: Getting into eCommerce when Building Materials is Not Sold with Price Transparency Models
- 22:34 - How to Decide What to Do Next
- 27:22 - Brand Transformation & Company Culture Transformation
- 35:53 - How Building Materials Manufacturers Can Better Utilize Social Media
- 42:28 - Focus and Avoiding the "Shiny Object Syndrome"
- 46:07 - 4:41 The Value of a Contractor Directory to Your Partner Contractors
- 5:09 - Creating a Community with Your Channel Partners, like Contractors
- 6:49 - Achieving Clarity of Purpose for Users on Building Materials Websites
- 11:43 - The History of Dodecahedron
- 13:57 - Looking Ahead for Digital Strategies in Building Materials Marketing and Sales
- 15:25 - The Best Advice Brian Has Ever Received
Join host Will Smith live as he brings in a guest and speaks with them about their experiences, expertise, and advice around Building Materials Marketing.
Sell More Building Materials, Better
Looking to implement solutions to disruptions in the building materials industry and channel sales methods? That's what we're all about!