The 2022 International Builders' Show did not disappoint! If we didn't get to see you there, we'll catch you in Vegas next year. Until then, Kevin, Jillian, Danielle, and I compiled our top 13 takeaways from this year's event.
- Digital selling is not going away.
- Trade shows are going to start supplementing digital selling rather than be the primary source of interactions.
- The role of distributors is changing.
- Customer loyalty, especially builder and contractor brand loyalty, is low because of pricing and communication pressures.
- Builders are adopting technology and looking to adopt more of it.
- Transparency and fulfillment are the top pain points that building products manufacturers needs to be solving for in 2022 using self-service tools.
- Strategic collaborations are being staked out with top players in the industry and building products manufacturers need to stay aware of these collaborations and involved in establishing themselves with collaborators to remain relevant to specifiers, retailers, and installers.
- Use influencer marketing and indirect sales enablement tactics to increase impact of your messaging and awareness efforts.
- More building products manufacturers are starting to think like tech companies. Market demand for smart home automation has presented an opportunity for building products manufacturers to build relationships with systems integrators and technology platforms.
- Thoughtful outdoor living and pools used to seem like a luxury, but are becoming more of a commonplace ask.
- New entrants are coming in with a tech-first mindset, both in the product offering but also in how they go-to-market.
- It's harder to maintain your status as a preferred brand right now and there's room for new entrants in ways there haven't been before in the building products industry.
- Now is the time that a focus on customer service and connecting customers with highly informed product specialists to answer questions is critical to the success of your brand among specifiers, retailers, and installers.
How to Become Your Customer's Preferred Brand
Looking to implement solutions to disruptions in the building materials industry and channel sales methods? That's what we're all about!