Geoff Saturley, Pre-Construction Manager at Bellweather Design-Build, shares his perspective on ways manufacturers could better consider the installation challenges of their products and why it's his goal as a construction project manager to become a trusted advisor to his clients.
- 3:32 - Meet Geoff Saturley
- 9:55 - How Working on Historic Homes and Row Homes Impacts Choice in Building Materials and Manufacturers
- 12:55 - Why Product Changes are Sometimes Necessary During a Remodeling Project
- 14:34 - The Role of Construction Project Clients in Selecting Products
- 17:32 - Making the Cut into Designer Mood Boards
- 21:10 - The Goal of Designers and Contractors to Become the Trusted Advisor
- 24:33 - Risks Associated with Switching Products
- 27:47 - How Design-Builders Are Coping with Rising Construction Costs and Longer Lead Times
- 29:03 - Two Examples of What Good Communication & Customer Service From Manufacturers Means to Contractors and Construction Project Managers
- 37:04 - The Value to Contractors of Using Local Construction Products or Ordering from Companies with Local Sales Reps
- 38:00 - Why Getting Direct Feedback from End Users is Critical for Materials Manufacturers
- 42:07 - A Recent Win for Bellweather Design-Build During Their Close Out Process for Design-Build Remodelers
- 47:35 - The Best Piece of Advice Geoff Has Received
Join host Will Smith live as he brings in a guest and speaks with them about their experiences, expertise, and advice around Building Materials Marketing.